Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Grown Up Grilled Cheese

This weekend was so gorgeous that I am having a hard time getting my act together this week. Tonight I couldn't be bothered to make dinner, do you ever feel like that? Normally it relaxes me but oh tonight... Tonight I could barely keep my eyes open past 8pm. I remembered a bit of leftover pesto we had and was hit with a stroke of genius.
Grilled cheese is always my go-to meal if I'm eating alone or exhausted from a long day. What is easier than buttering some bread and throwing cheese on top, with such a delicious reward! Anyway, that big white hunk is fresh mozzarella and somewhere below you would find basil and spinach. I also added some jarred artichokes for a bit more depth and I have to admit, the results were truly delicious and I ended up with something like a pizza sandwich.
It's been awhile since I cooked off recipe and it felt good to experiment. (Not that this was particularly challenging by any means!) Ok off to bed. xN

No comments:

Post a Comment