Thursday, April 8, 2010

Salad Nicoise

I miraculously had everything I needed tonight to whip up a Nicoise salad: Don't you love when that happens? Maybe I need to get out more, but that REALLY makes me happy!!


While in France, my host-father cooked many amazing meals but it is the little things that have become a part of my daily life that will always mean the most. One of these, was the Dijon dressing Francois made... Shallots, oil, vinegar, dijon, fresh herbs (oooh how I miss those herbs!) salt and pepper and we were in business. I tried a fancy recipe tonight for this dijon and was happy... 

It was like a refresher course to their cooking, which makes me miss them even more now! We are hoping to see them this summer so keep your fingers crossed for me that we'll meet up but in the meantime I leave you with this tremendously easy, and easy to please dijon recipe: 


2 garlic cloves, minced


1 teaspoon Dijon mustard


3 tablespoons red wine vinegar


1/2 lemon, juiced


2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragonxt
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil

For the salad, be creative :-) xN

No comments:

Post a Comment