Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I want a little sugar in my bowl... I want a little sweetness down in my soul


Oh so bad, I feel so funny and I feel so sad... Today is the second day I've stayed home sick from my oh-so-important job with some kind of suffocating sinus stickiness and I am feeling much better. So far this morning I've been able to sit and stand without moaning-- but am definitely incapable of the warp-speed agility required to stay above water on Madison Ave. I emptied the dishwasher and don't anticipate getting up from my couch for several hours. Particularly since I've achieved the warmth trinity of a wool throw, delicious chamomile with a splash of soy milk and touch of honey, and perfectly content Jack Russell sleeping on my ankles (when does that ever happen?!). All I need now is my love, who has braved the elements to go off to work.

I don't know if it is just me, but I always feel tremendous guilt when I'm sick, as if I have somehow caused this weak condition and am not strong enough to rise above it. It is completely irrational, and I know this. Even when I was in elementary school, I would cry before ever saying the words "I'm sick", of course that was probably because I was sad to have to stay home from school given my dorkier tendencies even then. I remember school in upstate NY very fondly, with sun-dappled trees blowing in the wind over our quaint playground and Alexandra Massey's golden curls flying as she zipped down her grandmother's lake-moored water slide on weekends. Then we moved to PA and Harry Granville asked me in second grade if I wore a bra and it was all downhill from there. I guess that was the beginning of fake-sick days for me! Not that there have been many since then but that latent guilt is never expunged I guess.

Which is why I've taken the day to start my new blog. I've had it in my mind for over a year to start a recycled paper shop on Etsy, where I turn my recycled paper into cards purchasable as single cards or as packs. I love everything art and design related and truly relish the opportunity to use my creativity for the happiness of others! Check back soon for new store alerts, great designs, and what the future holds. A woman of many loves, expect this blog to touch on fashion, art, food, music, and probably more personal anecdotes along the way.

I was catching up with Cup of Jo this morning (haven't checked-in since just after the wedding and I was so happy to see that she is pregnant!) and saw a link to an article with one truly inspiring quote: Find Out Who You Are and Live That Truth. I've been over-worked and un-inspired at my current job for so long that I've got no other choice than to do just that. Here's to living the truth of who each and every one of us is! Happy Tuesday. xN

No comments:

Post a Comment