Saturday, February 6, 2010

Waging wars to shake the poet and the beat*


Headed in to work for a few hours and I'm trying to channel my best street-smart city chicken. For obvious reasons, I'm a bit resentful of working on a Saturday but I can't exactly head in to the office in sweats. I can never quite pull a "casual" look off but here is my best attempt. Somehow it just registers as angry-intoxicated... 
Vintage boots (Ebay), Calvin Klein (outlet) jeans, American Apparel tee with a killer neutral color tie-die wash, and semi-diy J. Crew cardigan. The cardigan... one of the only times in my life that I've paid full price at J. Crew and it still breaks my heart. This tissue cardigan was the exact length and color I wanted for months and I finally decided the cost per wear would be worth the $70 investment.
It probably would have been, had I not foolishly sent it to the dry cleaner. One wash and there were three holes in the arm and chest area. Not wanting to completely waste my money, I ripped more holes in the opposite arm and chest. Trashy? Cute? I haven't quite decided but I did feel sufficiently "tough" at work.
I rarely wear jewelry so I want to point out this precious wishbone charm I've had for decades. I believe the charm and necklace both belonged to my mom's mom. I don't have a chain delicate enough for it so I just clip it directly into the clasp. I really like the effect next to the other charm.

I wish I had gotten a better shot of my boots because I am still in love with them two years later. No worries though, they make an appearance at least once a week so I'll be sure to get a better snap next time! We got around to taking the pictures a bit too late today and didn't have great lighting to work with unfortunately so I think next time I'll go back to the mantle. Enjoy! xn

*Header: I live to like Caleb's voice in Use Somebody.

1 comment:

  1. My mom called me after this post to confirm that it was trashy. Thanks to all... Now the question is do I rip it further so the tears are more intentional? Might as well as this point right? Damn you Jcrew!@!#

    ReplyDelete