Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Wise Owl Brews Magical Beer

This morning I was waiting for my bus when I noticed this truck parked in front of the Gristedes (a non-savory named grocery store in NYC) across the street:
Now. The font is cool but it took me a few minutes of squinting with these old eyes to see that it was Hitachino and not Kitachino but that's beside the point. The point is the tagline which is barely visible in the tan strip along the bottom: The Wise Owl Brews Magical Beer. Well OF COURSE he does. I did a little research and found that Notcot has many great pictures of this beer's identity. Look. At. These. Caps.
Isn't this packaging great? It is cool, modern, a bit hipster but still classic. Couldn't you see it at a backyard/ woodsy party or wedding with cute letterpressed owls invites like the Valentine Caryn sent me? From what I can tell, it actually tastes good too. I've read great reviews of the White Ale in particular and it sounds like you can get it at Wholefoods. Anyone have any experience with this beer? Time to dust off the growler that has been sitting sadly empty for months. xN

2 comments:

  1. baaaah! can't believe i ran into this at a very small local liquor store on fri after reading this post. didn't buy it though, i'm off beer until the 18th ... an act of self restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I got some on Friday night, after going to 3 stores. I was on a mission.

    Taste? Just meh...! Bummer. I'll write more soon!

    ReplyDelete