Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Strawberry Red Snapper

Stawberry and avacado.... WHA??????
Tonight we made a strawberry avacado chutney to go with Red Snapper. It sounds like an odd combo but it was ridiculously tasty. Nick made most of the chutney but I grabbed the avacado and jalapeno on my way home from work in what was surely the fastest grocery store run ever. The man behind me bent to pick up gum and the cashier rang up another man carrying a single baguette costing $2.86 by the time the first man stood up to usher his goods down the conveyor belt. Impressive.
We paired this with Honey Moon's Viognier (and a bit of left-over Chardonnay) and dinner was prepared, cooked, and eaten within 35 minutes. I wish I had savored it more, especially when looking at these pictures! So. Good. The colors and taste would make this a great Valentine's dish to impress your special someone. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Give me seafood any day and I am a happy woman. xN

No comments:

Post a Comment